Saturday, February 12, 2011

Doggy Treats

I follow a site that donates kibble to shelters for the animals in them. The site was started by a young girl, Mimi when she was like 12 years old. The site has a list of all the shelters they help. On the site you answer a trivia question, and right or wrong, you just donated 20 pieces of kibble. How easy is that?
It is Freekibble and from there you can go to Freekibblekat and they now have a blog that Mimi is writing called Freekibblekids.
On her blog she had a recipe for making your own doggy treats. Looked easy enough, so I decided to try it.
Here is her recipe:

Ingredients:

  • ¼ cup peanut butter
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup oatmeal
Freekibble Kids Dog Treats 1

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl combine peanut butter, oil, and water. Slowly add flour, then oatmeal. Roll dough to ¼ inch thickness and cut with a cookie cutter.

Freekibble Kids Dog Treats 1

Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 35 minutes. Makes 2 ½ dozen.

This is the ones I made, smaller so they could be little treats for my 2 dogs. They are about the size of a nickel and 1/4 inch thick- just right for Duke & Tasha.

Photobucket

I could make another batch bigger for a friends dog, coz they really were super easy.

You should check out the site Freekibble.com and help feed these animals every day. I actually made it my home page so when my computer comes on, it is one the site and I answer the questions- 1st thing...

Good luck making them...

Later Darlin


No comments: