Thursday, October 1, 2009

Using up the stash for baby

I have been collecting novelty fabrics for the baby love covers that I donate.

I have a new grand baby due in Nov, and he is gonna need him a quilt.
I love to make scrappy ones, all the variety of fabrics makes me happy.
I like to use alot of novelties- makes it kinda like an "I Spy' so many things to see and find.

Logan's scrap quilted 2008

This is the first crazy quilt I made. It was for Logan and has a diamond pattern in the design. I tried to use each fabric only one time- only to find out later- 2 fabrics were repeated. Oh well- he loves it and uses it.



Seth's baby crazy scrap
Then when Seth was due, I made his quilt to match the same crazy quilt pattern as his daddy's. Only I made sure each fabric was a single use only. Logan & Brandy still have this quilt.




Kaleb's
Then for Kaleb, I did his different, using just the 4.5 inch blocks and mainly just novelty fabrics- which was cute and he uses it in his crib.



new baby's
Here is the one I just finished for the baby. I had to send it off to arrive in time for the baby shower this sat. It measured out at 50 x 50. I am pleased with this one. It is a crazy quilt- only it is just the blocks- no diamond design in it. So each are unique and special.

here is a few close up pic of the different fabrics I used in this one. There was some fabric that had a chocolate lab puppy on it that looks like their dog- so I stitched Kylee onto the fabric, also a Great Dane that looked like Bruin. Some really neat fabrics...
Kylee

Bruin fabric

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


No comments: