Sunday, October 18, 2009

A glorious morning

This past spring- while flower shopping with my sister Howdy, we came upon the most beautiful Morning Glories I have ever seen. They are "Saucer Morning Glories" and they are big- almost 5 inches across the trumpet, and vary from blue to white or a mix of both on a single flower.

Photobucket
They are just a beautiful big flower.


I planted them along my fence, by created this string art project for them to climb.
Photobucket

I planted 4 different varieties of morning glories,
Photobucket
purple ones and red ones,

Photobucket

and also some black eyed susan vines. The morning glories were kinda thin during the summer months, but I continued to water them and man they really took off this past month.

Photobucket

I looked and I have a ton of blooms on the fence...

Photobucket

It is really a lovely site.

Photobucket

I guess they like the cool fall air- coz they sure are blooming now!
I make it a point every morning to go out and see how many are open.
I even have to leave the yard- coz they grew up and over the fence

Photobucket
And I have been collecting seeds for next years fence.....
I'm gonna plant them all down the fence line.
Now that will be pretty.


No comments: