Sunday, February 22, 2009

Quiltathon weekend

So my sister Howdy posted about this Quiltathon weekend that Judy L is hosting. So I signed up, and am STILL trying to get upstairs to my studio to START actually sewing.

I decided to finish the 4 Season Quilt Swap 5 wall hanging. We will be making & swapping a mini-quilt. We are doing a Monochromatic Challenge with a seasonal theme of your partner's choosing. You can only use white or black as the accent colors.

My partner chose the color ORANGE and her season is Fall. So naturally I am making leaves- in all shades of ORANGE. I have a pattern for 3 different shape leaves and will toss them around on this mini quilt. I will use colored thread for the quilting and to make the leaf stems.
Here are a few maple leaves I made- last month when I 1st started this project.

So as you can see, I need a few more leaves to make this quilt- even a mini quilt.

Now that Neo-Man is home from his Ice Rescue class, and I have a pot of red beans on the stove, I am free to go sew!!!!

Later Darlin'

No comments: