Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Pleasant surprise in the mail

As you know I am part of the 4 SQS5 MONO.

I have been trying to finish mine, as it needs to be mail in a few days.
I know this because I have received mine in the mail yesterday.

It is made with orange batiks as the flowers and a beautiful green batik border.
The stitching in the flowers really gives it detail.
I love the way the orange graduates from light to dark.

I have it hung on the door in my studio, I just love Earth magnets!!


This is the back side. again done in batiks. I love it.




This is a close up of some of the leaves. They are done in the shooting star block.
Funny, I know have 2 quilts with this block, Seth's comfort quilt and this mini quilt.
I love the fabrics in this quilt- they give it so much detail.





Jeanne, I say THANK YOU so much for your lovely gift. You did a wonderful job and I am pleased as punch to hang it up where everyone can see it.

Now I just have to keep working on my project....
Seems I have so many tasks to complete during the day that I don't have alot of time to sew.
I finally have it all pieced- I just need to quilt and embellish it tomorrow.

Later Darlin'

No comments: