Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year 2009

Toot your horn! Bang the drum! Beat a pot!

It's 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yippeeeeeee!

A New Year!!! Out with the old- in with the new.

2008 was not that bad a year. Really for me it was great. Let's review:

In Jan 2008 my beautiful grandbaby Kaleb was born, at a healthy 9 lbs 7 oz and 21 inches. He is a happy and bright boy, who brings such joy to his mom & daddy and extended family.

The Beck family grew by 3 with the additions of Kaleb, Cameron & Kai.

My sister Howdy officially moved closer to me in 2008 when they bought a house in Lancaster Co, PA. We helped her move in and I have really enjoyed my visits to the stone house to help her settle in, and to just visit. It is so nice to have family close by.

We had new landscaping & flower beds done out front after 17 years of ugly! New sprinkler system installed and the grass seeded. Then we had new siding installed on the house. What a face lift !!! It really makes such a difference and makes us happy when we see the final result.

The fall brought the BEST news: My Phillies WON the World Series!!!
It was such a great series.... I will smile for years!

I had the chance to see sisters & brother w/kids, for a weekend in Oct. It's not easy to get together and this visit was special.

There were sad or negative moments during 2008:
My DMIL had to have total hip replacement surgery and is recovering here with us.
Mimi lost her job.

We said goodbye to:
My neighbor Rich- heart attack.
My Aunt Dot-a stroke.
Neo-Man's co-worker Jason lost his baby of 9 months.

I guess I feel fortunate, we really didn't have too bad of a year and we are still here to make the best of 2009!

So- HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
Make it the best year!

Later Darlin'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mimi lost her job????!!!! Well, THAT rots!!!!!!

Have a great time on your trip. I should give you my GD's address so you can go check on her, for me.

xxoo
neen