Thursday, December 11, 2008

A cold rain and a chill

Yesterday it was 67 degrees.... slight rain.
Today, it's only suppose to get to the low 40's and rain....
A miserable day and a worse evening.....

Tonight is the viewing for Zack. Little one who was 9 months old.
His parents are going to use my quilt I made him, to drape his coffin.
I am honored... it was such a cute one with firemen and such.

Zack's 2008

Neo-Man told them I may not attend... a funeral for a little one is always hard.
ESPECIALLY when you find out that medical mistakes caused the death!
It hits close to home because of Seth, and I have cried buckets full of tears, BUT I feel I must go, to show this couple that I care and that they have my support and love. I also have a mesg for them from B&L - who share their grief and extend their support and encourage them to seek counseling. To help them in the coming months.
And for no other reason, I feel I must go to validate this little boys precious life!

I was reading the Nov 08 Readers Digest and it had an article "Beyond Tragedy" by Kathleen Kennedy Townsend. She is the daughter on Sen. Bobby Kennedy. The Kennedy clan is known for the many losses they have had. In the article, she quotes a letter written by Joseph Kennedy Sr to a friend who had just lost a child. Here's what it said;

Dear Jack,

There are no words to dispel your feelings at this time, and there is no time that will ever dispel them. Nor is it any easier the second time than it was the first. And yet I cannot share your grief, because no one could share mine.


When one of your children goes out of your life, you think of what he might have done with a few more years and you wonder what you are going to do with the rest of yours. You never really accept it; you just go through the motions.


Then one day, because there is a world to be lived in, you find yourself a part of it again, trying to accomplish something- something that he did not have time enough to do.

And perhaps, that is the reason for it all. I hope so.

Sincerely,

Joe Kennedy


I was moved by this letter. I think it is so true.
I found the information in Kathleen's article very insightful and helpful.
If you get a chance- I encourage you to take a minute and read it.

And tonight I will take her advise on giving comfort
"The death of a loved one rips us apart, shakes us up, hurts terribly. So my fourth tip is to embrace the person who suffers. I think of the kiss my mother would give me when I would scrape my knee or cut my finger. Her act of love was more healing than any antiseptic."

BIG BIG hugs are in store tonight!

No comments: