Monday, November 3, 2008

November already

WOW!!! This year is just flying by! Next Veteran's Day & Thanksgiving... man!

I got this pic late Halloween night- they dressed Kaleb up as a little monkey. He had a banana in his pocket... too cute.

Halloween Monkey 2008

He sure was cute. But when he takes the hood off- man he looks like his daddy. Here he is 9 months old.
Photobucket

I can't wait to see him again... Jan sure seems a long way away.....




I finished a comfort quilt for Flo. She is battling colon cancer. She waited and stalled before she saw her doctor for a problem she was having...and now she has advanced colon cancer. They are doing chemo & radiation at the same time and then will do surgery and then more chemo.
My heart went out to her.... and her sweet husband of 42 yrs who told me all of this. He truly loves this woman.... after all these years! That touched my heart.

This was inspired by Neen and a block she did for Quilter's cache called "country checkers". (I am so happy to have my gutters up so I can hang quits for pic taking... life's little pleasures.)

Flo's comfort 2008

and a close up... (you can see Seth's name stitched in it)

close up of Flo's

I was very pleased with the way it turned out. She called and Neo-Man talked to her. She was so thankful for the quilt and the canned applesauce & beets her husband delivered to her from us.
She was able to keep them down... chemo has been hard on her. But she really appreciated the quilt and was using it. She was thankful that prayers are sent her way. She needs all the help she can get. That's why I do it- to help ease their burden... if only a little.




When I canned beets last week, the bag had a few big ones in it. What do you think?
Photobucket

here is a perspective pic of the big beet.
Photobucket

man it sure is pretty once it is jarred and canned. I LOVE the color.

Photobucket

Oh well, Howdy gave me a bunch of apples and I have to make pie filling today... I have to get busy now.
I am working on a turtle quilt that is just too cute... I will post pic later.

Be safe.
Go VOTE!! It is a privilege not to be taken for granted.

Later Darlin'

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey! My grandson was a monkey for Halloween too... but my daughter forgot her camera so I don't have a pic of him! :(
Kaleb sure is growing like a weed... 9 mos already! Wow.
As always, the quilt is gorgeous.
Ewww, beets. lol they ARE purty, but I just don't like em. I wanted to can my tomatoes but I never had enough at one time to do them.