Thursday, May 22, 2008

1st you see it- NOW you don't

I've been here 17 years- and I HATE my flower beds! They were just yuck... small and full of rocks and hardly no plants. I have tried over the years but nothin'.... just YUCK!


When we moved in this was sculpted real nice into this spiral shape... now it's just a shape. UGLY



NOT ANY MORE BABY!!! Neo-Man has been helping Mikey paint over at Mikey's during the last year, Neo-Man is a very good painter... Mikey is not.....

BUUUUTTTTT Mikey is a very good landscaper! He worked in the trade for years.... ah ha!
See whats happening here? Neo-Man is following orders and cutting down the evergreens that were in my iris bed- that will soon be moved to the backyard. All of this clutter is going!




Mikey is paying us back for the painting- we are bartering our services! Well his and Brian & Rick. Brian can cut out some flowers bed shapes- he is good at it.


This is the new shape of my flower bed.... I am so excited!!! I have 4 yards of top soil to be delivered onto the driveway in the morning. They -we will haul it up and load this area with new soil and plants. Even Mikey and my neighbor Ms Egan has some plants for me to have....
I Like a community garden idea this year...they donate and we get the joy! COOL!

But before it's cool- it's still messy and as Mikey is showing - full of stuff that don't belong in a garden- like foam insulation for pipes...it blew in and got stuck in the clutter.

The wind has been really wicked today and the last few days...
See what our day ended with- after the rain stopped.

Photobucket

this one was at 6:30 and not as bright as.....................

Photobucket

We got a double rainbow!!! REALLY COOL!! This one was at 7:30....You could see BOTH of the rainbows...

Photobucket

And you could see alot of the bands of color.

Photobucket

even through the trees!
Photobucket

So I guess it means "GOOD LUCK" when you are putting in a flower garden and a rainbow appears to inspire you!


All in a days work creating beauty!!!! They say it takes a village- here it is more a village of idiots. Trust me....we were laughing WAY too hard to be working.

Later Darlin'.... I have an ice pack calling me,,,, I'm limping over there.....

1 comment:

Howdy said...

I'll have to make sure I use the GPS the next time I come over - I may not recognize the place anymore!