Monday, March 31, 2008

Spring swap completed

As part of the 4 Season quilt swap, I have to make a quilt that represents Spring and send it to the person whose name I got.

After reading her blog, I decided to use the 1930s repro fabrics, because she really likes them.
She collects vintage notions, so she likes antiques.

It only seemed perfect to make the "Antique Cutie" block from the book Focus on Florals by Terry Martin. It is a pretty block, bright and cheery which I think spring means... the end of the gloomy winter and in with the brighter days.



The little bay leaves were stitched with red thread using my 2006 Janome zig-zag machine,
otherwise I used "Phil" my vintage 1928 Singer 66 class treadle sewing machine.
I did all the piecing and quilting using Phil, I just love sewing with it, just makes such a beautiful stitch and I love the sound of the foot pedal as you pump it to stitch. Very soothing!


Photobucket


I used red to bind it with and I really like the way it finished with the quilting.



Photobucket


I used each 1930s fabric only once and even had enough to border the label on the back with them.

Antique Cutie back


I have mailed this off, so she should get it within the next 7-10 days. I included a few goodies that I hope she will like.

I have really enjoyed this swap. I hope to be a part of future season swaps.

I loved the quilt I got- makes me smile to see it, and I sure enjoyed making this little one.

Now I have to get busy making a baby quilt & another comfort quilt for a friend who lost her mom to cancer.

AND my Phillies just started their season SO I have a ball game to listen to while I sew...

Gooooooooooo Phillies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Later Darlin'

2 comments:

Dawn-Marie said...

What a great little quilt. That sure does say Spring to me. I bet she will love getting that quilt!

Dawn-Marie

Jane said...

I love it! Thankyou so much for my beautiful gift. You have gone to a lot of trouble to consider what I love.
Jane