Saturday, December 1, 2007

The gift that gives!!!

In this season of gift giving... I am honored to be a part of the best kind of gift giving...

My brother-in-law James is donating a kidney to his sister Sherri, after she has been suffering on dialysis for a couple of years. THAT is the ultimate gift!

The surgery will be in a few weeks. I am busy making him a quilt to use in the hospital- as he HATES to be cold and hospitals are ALWAYS cold... I am making Sherri one also. I am going to take one block from James' quilt and leave a black square, and place it on Sherri's quilt.
It IS a transplant quilt!!

James loves chickens... I found this fabric in my stash and just had to use it. I call it Funky Chickens. These are the colors that will be used with it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

and here are two blocks so far.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I am off to sew- lots and lots of sewing!!
Later Darlin'

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Logan!!
Love Momma

1 comment:

Doodlebug Gail said...

What wonderful gifts ..... both the kidney and the quilts. How good to see you've started Blogging. I saw your 4PSP quilts on Howdy's slideshow - I'm busy doing one at the moment.

And one more thing Darlin' - HUGE HUGS for that new grandbaby I read about at the beginning of your Blog. That makes me so happy for you all.

Gail L. (Toronto, Canada)